14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
Having A Blocked Drainage System At Unexpected Times Is An Awful Thing To Deal With. In addition to posing health risks, the undrained water in the sink (or bath) and flooding can cause air pollution. The good thing is, your maintenance habits can prevent it.
A build - up of debris such as cooking oil, fruit seeds, grain, or intrusive mature tree roots can cause your drains to clog. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
If You Stay Faithful To These Fourteen Rules, You Can Help Stop Your Drains From Blocking
1. You can use a plunger to clear minor blockage.
2. Clean out debris in the drain by raising up the stoppers in your bathtub. In addition, make sure you rinse off the stopper before you return it to where it was originally.
3. If You Suffer From Hair Loss, Ensure There Is A Barrier (Mesh) On The Plug When Washing Your Hair In The Bath Or The Sink Just as you prevent food going down the sink in the kitchen, you should ensure hair doesn't go down your bathroom pipes.
4. To prevent hair from accumulating in the drains, try brushing your hair ahead of a bath to remove broken strands.
5. Have a plumber install grates over your drains. Use Bacteriological Drain Cleaners To Clean Your Drains - Stronger Agents May Have A Corrosive Effect On Your Pipes. Avoid Them.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. If you get a yearly contract with a drainage company, then you will benefit from inspections and servicing of your drains, even if you don't need to call on them. One good company to offer a package such as this in Merseyside is Drainage Merseyside. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Avoid using these. Over time, cleaners that contain chemicals will corrode your pipes.
9. Your Drain Isn't A Dustbin. Use dustbins for that.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. The only thing that belongs in your drain is water and for your toilet; urine and faeces.
12. Take A Wire Coat Hanger Straighten It And Bend One End To Make A Hook, Then Insert It Into The Drain To Get The Junk Out.
13. Pour hot salty water through your sink to prevent grease from amassing in your drain.
14. There are several other unconventional tips to take good care of your drainage system. Ensure you do not use any acid based solutions.
In the event that you tried all the tips mentioned here but still have trouble with your drain and have no contact details of any drain company, do not damage your drain by applying too much force to it Instead, reach out to a plumber immediately. Technicians at Drainage Merseyside in Merseyside are among the best you can turn to for your drainage system needs.